Falling Into the End of The Year

What can I say. The worm has turned here in the states. Obama is now president elect. Everyone I talk to feels like a weight has been lifted. Going to work in the morning feels like the its all a bit more worth it now. Is Obama going to wave his magic hope wand and sort us all out? The rich, the poor, the destitute, the crackheads on 6th street? Who knows but at least we are giving him the benefit of the doubt. As for music it just don't stop.

Heading into the end of the year there are still tons of tunes coming out. Recently I have been asked to buy tunes for Tweekin Records SF. Tweekin is a small shop run by various local DJs at one point in time, now run by DJ M3. Now it has expanded its selection to include Dubstep, Techno, Rock, Indie and its staple House.Every Sunday before the Simpsons after my Sunday nap, I pour over preorder sheets from the last few dance record distributors in the America. Many have gone broke and disappeared. Ordering stuff is hard. One has to consider all flavors of Dubstep. How much of each copy. Whats hot whats not. Knowing the music as I do is key. I am buying for the city that has so many choices. I am trying to get the word out as much as I can via message boards and My Space. I am into the second week if ordering and I haven't even had time to go to the store and see the section yet.

Between DJing, event planning a spot of writing and now buying. I got my hands full 'till the end of the year. Filled with hope I think its going to be ok.

Comments

Popular Posts