Monday Weekend Flashback

Sleep is golden. I slept away most of Friday night and Saturday day on Benedryl due to allergies. I missed some epic events Friday night.

Bassism Recordings night in SF went down. Tons of great stuff in the pipe from this label headed by DJ Tommy Lexxus who you can catch in Europe in a few weeks time on tour. A line up of champions for the night:



Bakir is one half of the Spit Bros. Eating BBQ many moons ago with Bakir he talked about the love of ethnic drums and odd rhythms in general seem to influence alot of his musical production. I had one track he gave me before I opened for Skream a few months back that I love. Big dance rave rhythm stuff who's name escapes me. It was one of his first solo efforts. Dubsworth the other half of the Spit Bros swears there is more to be heard from Bakir. The One being a local and international Grime pusher whos beats slap and let peeps know Grime Lives in the USA as well as the D&B sensation 2 Cents wit the Colonel MC and the KC Prophets which I have heard awesome things about. I fucking slept through the whole thing.

Saturday night I pushed myself out the door to go to a signing by one of my favorite comic book writers Mark Millar at the Isotope and then off to Surya Dub to hear Dave Q and DJ Rupture. Dave Q the Dubwar NYC Don played a techno heavy set full of sick beats. I had never really heard him play that dance floor and people where digging it big time. I heard he brought tons of Hessle Audio tunes I got weak and had to cut before Rupture to catch the all night bus home. Dave Q's set was a prime example of how surprises always abound when it comes to Dubstep. The DJ can go 4x4 or step or down low. Check out the latest Dubwar Podcast featuring Ramadanman for another view of how Dubstep flows boom.

CHOICE SET EXAMPLE:
Dubwar Podcast

Comments

Popular Posts